Friday, June 5, 2009

Welcome Home

Yesterday, a bird crapped on me.

It's a slightly (only slightly) exciting story; one that involves me sitting in an open topped jeep (my cousin's friends) holding an Orange Bar (sidenote: I LOVE Orange Bars with a fiery passion that rivals their colour) with the wind making my hair fly around. But the point of it all really is that I hope that the bird shit hitting me at 60 kms/hr makes my luck change.

So far, Delhi has only been ok. I enjoy being home to the extent that I enjoy meeting my friends and enjoy meeting my family and enjoy eating the best food that the planet has to offer. But I can't handle living at home with my family anymore. I fight with my sister and mother on a daily basis (oddly, I haven't fought with my father yet but that might be because he understands what it's like to go to college far away and return home only sporadically) and it's getting to the point of excrutiation.

I think the last two or three days have been better than most. But that's mostly because I didn't spend all that much time at home. On Thursday I went to Old Delhi with Prashant, and then we went to Def Col market and had some beers. Harshyla and Pooja joined us, and then after that I spent the night at Harshyla's. I went to sleep early because I had a headache (which was probably the result of walking around the city in the heat), but it was nice to spend the day far away from my house. Yesterday, Harshyla, Pooja and I went to lunch and then I spent the rest of the afternoon and evening with Niamat and Harleen (which is when the pigeon poop fell on me) and only met my parents and sister at about 10 o'clock at night. Which was nice, because I didn't fight with anyone until about 9 pm. 36 hours of quiet.

Anyway. Getting back to the point of the crap story... Over here, people consider a bird crapping on you to be a sign of Good Luck. It probably has something to do with crapping being so bad that nothing worse can happen (thus, a sign of changing luck). But I don't really care. All I know is that I really want this trip to get vastly better because as much as I love my family (fighting and all), I don't think I will be able to handle living like this for another 3 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment