Monday, July 6, 2009

Southern Absenses

I spent the last two weeks in South India with Vinita, Shreya, and Kavisha.

We went to Bangalore (aka Bengaluru/Bengalooru), Coorg (for the coffee plantations and spice plantations) and Mysore. Then I headed to Chennai by myself. I probably should've written a bunch of things while I was there, but I felt/still feel lazy. So I'm not going to. Sorry:S.

I've read and re-read 13 books this summer (I'm starting my 14th one right after this). Some have been really, really, really good (Sea of Poppies by Amitav Ghosh, for example) while others have been bordering on silly and time-pass (Breaking Dawn from the Twilight Series and Five Point Someone by Chetan Bhagat). But of what I've read, I would encourage others to read God of Small Things by Arundati Roy (really well written, not so sure about the plot), In Custody by Anita Desai (should've been depressing, but it surprisingly wasn't) and Sea of Poppies of course (I am currently a little obsessed with Amitav Ghosh).

Otherwise, everything is well.

I'm biding my time until HBP comes out. And as pathetic as this may sound, I will be there for the first showing, as usual.

Oh. And also. Michael Jackson!!!!! SAY WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT. We were heading to Coorg when my dad called to inform me. And I know that he might have been gross to little kids or whatever, but his music was amazing, and I do feel really sad that he won't be able to make more. So until next time, Beat it!

1 comment:

  1. turdy surdy, you came to blr n dint even say a word? die?

    ReplyDelete