Friday, March 13, 2009

Gangbad should tag all his entries

It's 3:50am, my hands smell of photo fix, and my photographs look really crap.

I know I shouldn't leave things to the last minute, but old habits die hard (and this assignment was not a particularly easy one). Meh. I hate shitty lighting situations, and also camera lenses that refuse to focus in the short range. I also really hate it when all the fucking #3 filters are missing, most especially when I need them the most. Also, where the fuck was I when the split filter demo was happening? Meh, meh.

For some reason, art has really sucked for me over the last year. Maybe I've overdosed, or maybe it's because I've stopped to think in images and have begun to think in words. It's a really long and complicated thing to explain, but after talking to Danielle today, I realized that I no longer think in pictures, really. Is that a scary proposition for an art major? I don't know.

Anyway. I need to get back to photographs, filters, enlargers and the gaze. In any case, I think I'm not going to sleep until I get onto that flight to New York tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment